9th April 2018
Sign up by emailing [email protected] by the 9th of July to let us know that your school will be submitting entries
12th July 2018
Make sure you have submitted your poster and written paper before 5pm.
Email [email protected] with your entries attached, if there are multiple attachments please submit entries as a zip file.
13th July 2018
Round 1: Love Energy Savings will select a shortlist based on the judging criteria outlined further down the page.
Round 2: Shortlisted entries will be uploaded to social media on the 13th of July at 9AM, where the winner will be judged by largest number of likes on the photo – make sure you encourage everyone to get involved!
16th July 2018
The winner will be announced on Facebook on Monday 16th July at 3pm and we will contact the winner via email.
15 Amazing Prizes up for Grabs!
With 15 prizes up for grabs for both schools and students, getting involved is a no brainer!
1 x £500 Science Grant
One Lucky school will win a £500 grant for their science department. there is no restrictions as to what this grant can be used for – however we hope that you will use it to continue making your school as energy efficient as possible.
4 x Vouchers
Each member of the winning team will receive a £50 Amazon voucher to spend on whatever they wish!
10 x Energy Audits
Ten lucky schools will win a free, no obligation energy audit from Love Energy Solutions. A full energy management report with cost saving measures and improvements to your business to help you understand your consumption profiles.
The aim of the competition is to teach school children the value of energy efficiency both at home and at school.
This is a team project whereby students will need to work together (no more than 4 people per team) to develop an idea for an energy efficiency method which could be used at home or school.
The students will then need to create a poster (no larger than A3) to demonstrate their idea and also submit a written paper of no more than 250 words to explain and support their innovative energy saving idea.
Entering the Competition
Schools can enter multiple teams of pupils within years 7 and 8, pupils cannot be a member of more than one team.
Teams must consist of no more than 4 pupils.
To enter the competition, you must register your interest by emailing [email protected]
You can register from the 9th April 2018 to the 9th July 2018.
To submit your entry, you must include the following for each team:
- • A poster no more than A3 in size to demonstrate their energy efficiency idea
- • A word document of no more than 250 words to explain and support the idea
- • Names of each student within each team
Please note: All submissions must be submitted online, and no postal applications will be considered. Any paper documents must be scanned and emailed to [email protected]
The deadline for entries is 5pm on Friday 12th July 2018.
How will entries be judged?
Entries will be shortlisted by Love Energy Savings based on the following criteria:
- A thorough understanding of energy efficiency and its importance
- Originality and creativity
- A clear and creative poster that makes your idea easy and fun to read
One entrant from each school will be selected for the final round. For the final round all of the shortlisted posters will be shown on our Facebook page, parents, teachers and students are encouraged to like their favourite poster, the poster with the most likes at the end of the week will win the competition.
What are the rules?
- All entrants must be a year 7 or year 8 pupil within a UK high school
- Entrants must be a team of no more than 4
- Any prize awarded will be split across the whole team
- Each school can enter as many times as they wish
- Entries must be submitted on one side of A3 or A4 paper with a 250-word maximum word document
- All submissions must be submitted online and no postal applications will be considered. Any paper documents must be scanned and emailed to [email protected]
- Work must be original and created by the student(s)
- Entries must include the following information:
- • Entrants full names
- • School name and address
- • Headteachers contact details
Want to Sign Up?
Simply Email [email protected] and we'll send your school a competition pack with everything you need to get started.