So Energy reviews, prices and tariffs
So Energy started operating in 2015 with simplicity, value and honesty at the centre of the business. So Energy is a small energy supplier offing green energy plans to UK households. They are also a part of the Energy Switch Guarantee.
Here are some of the benefits you get when switching to So Energy:
- 100% renewable energy
- Price pledge on green energy
- Great customer service (rated excellent on TrustPilot)
You don’t get a lot of extra’s with So Energy. They are just simple green energy at a great price.
With over 6,000 reviews on Trustpilot, they have an Excellent rating of 4.4 out of a possible 5 stars.
So Energy prices and tariffs
So Energy offers simple energy tariffs. The So Cherry tariff is £92 per month (£1,109 annually).
- Duel fuel
- 12 months fixed
- £5 exit fee per fuel
- Online account management
- 100% renewable energy
Average price calculations are based on a family of 4 living in a 3 bedroom house.
Please note that if you compare with Love Energy Savings, cheaper prices may be available as we have negotiated exclusive deals with a wide range of suppliers. You can compare prices here.
So Energy is a private limited company. There are currently two active directors according to the latest confirmation statement with Companies House.
So Energy Energy’s registered address is listed as:
The Light Box,
111 Power Road,
Here’s So Energy’s fuel mix:
- Wind: 62%
- Solar: 17%
- Hydro: 14%
- Biomass: 5%
- Tidal: 2%
So Energy prides itself on its high levels of customer service; a trait that’s reflected in the awards it has won:
- Which Recommended Provider, Energy Companies, January 2020
- Energy Provider of the Year, Moneyfacts Consumer Awards, 2018
- #1 energy supplier, Citizens Advice, 2018
- Best Business in Customer Service, Hounslow Business Awards, 2017.
If you’re looking to leave So Energy, there is a £5 per fuel exit fee. If you leave within 49 days of the end of your contract you won’t be charged an exit fee even if you switch to a different supplier. You will usually be sent an email advising you when you enter this period.
So Energy bill
Your online or paper bill from So Energy will tell you:
- The billing period (typically quarterly)
- What you owe and when it needs to be paid
- Your estimated energy usage over the billing period
- A detailed breakdown of your usage (on a dual-fuel tariff, you’ll get a breakdown of both gas and electricity)
- Whether your account in is credit (CR) or in debit (DR)
- Your new account balance
- A breakdown of how the price has been calculated for transparency
- Tips on how you could use less energy going forward
- Your estimated annual energy cost based on your current usage.
How to switch to So Energy
Whether you want to change your tariff or switch provider altogether, Love Energy Savings can handle a switch to So Energy for you. We’ll get everything sorted for you by liaising with your current provider and the So Energy team.
Enter your details here to generate a quote for your home and then choose the tariff that's right for you.
List of business energy suppliers
At Love Energy Savings, we work with the following energy suppliers:
- Avanti Gas
- British Gas
- Crown Gas & Power
- Dual Energy
- Gazprom Energy
- Octopus Energy
- Scottish Power
- Total Gas & Power
Who is the cheapest energy provider for businesses?
The cheapest energy provider for businesses will depend on a number of factors, such as:
- Your location
- The size of your premises
- Your current supplier
- Current spend on business energy
- Current consumption of kWh units and current standing charges
- Meter type (standard, economy 7, maximum demand or half hourly)
The easiest way to find the cheapest energy provider is to compare energy prices.
Who is the best energy supplier?
Choosing the best energy supplier for your business is very important. You want to know that the provider you choose will value you as a customer, that you’ll receive excellent customer service and that the company acts with total transparency.
Which? consumer magazine published a survey that compared key suppliers on a number of factors including:
- Bill accuracy
- Customer service (phone)
- Customer service (online)
- Complaints handling
- Helping you understand and reduce energy use
- Value for money
Take a look at the ‘Best and worst energy companies for 2019’ survey for more information.
What do I have to do to switch my business energy supplier?
Switching your business energy has never been easier. Once you’ve found a supplier and quote which suits your business’ needs simply hit ‘Buy Now’ or wait for one of our agents to contact you. Once you’re happy to proceed, we’ll handle the entire switch for you. We’ll need a few additional bits of information along the way, but this will all be explained in your welcome pack.