See how much you could save on your business energy in 60 seconds!

Bulb was founded by two friends working in the energy industry who identified issues with the big providers; inefficient processes, poor customer service and expensive, non-renewable energy. So Hayden Wood and Amit Gudka set out to change that by providing an alternative for consumers with simpler, cleaner and greener energy.

Launched in 2015, Bulb’s simplistic approach has led to them offering just a single variable tariff, using 100% renewable electricity and 100% carbon neutral gas. They have experienced rapid growth and have attracted 1.5 million customers to join them on their journey so far.

Bulb employee a team of 270 people at their head office in London, and in 2019 announced they were expanding into France, Spain and Texas.

Bulb’s community forum is part of their commitment to their customers. Ideas such as refunds for exit fees from previous providers has led them to gain many fans and very positive reviews. Bulb are also a certified B Corp company meaning they meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.

Ownership

Bulb Energy Ltd is privately owned: their sole shareholder is Simple Energy Limited. Since their launch in 2015, Bulb has experienced phenomenal growth leading to them becoming one of the fastest-growing startups in the UK. Initially funded by friends and family, large-scale investors DST Global and JamJar Investments came on board to help finance their rapid growth. 

 

Location

Bulb Energy’s registered address is listed as:

Bulb Energy Ltd

155 Bishopsgate

London

EC2M 3TQ

If you choose to switch through Love Energy Savings, one of our representatives will contact the Bulb Energy team on your behalf, saving you the hassle of back and forth communications. That way, you get the energy tariff you want with minimal fuss.

Bulb Energy prices and tariffs

Business Tariffs

Bulb’s business tariff is one of the cheapest around when compared to the bigger suppliers according to their website. With one simple energy tariff for all it's about as uncomplicated as it gets. With their app, you can manage multiple properties on your online account. 

Residential Tariffs

As part of their mission to keep things simple Bulb offer just one variable tariff, so their customers get one single tariff for gas and electricity aptly named ‘Our tariff for all’. 

Bulb energy focuses heavily on customer service, with an emphasis on keeping their prices competitive to manage customer expectations. The Bulb app makes it easy to keep your meter readings up-to-date and straightforward to track your energy usage.

Supply Source

Bulb’s fuel mix isn’t complicated. They’re completely sustainable, with 100% renewable electricity and 100% carbon-neutral gas, with a mix of 10% renewable and the remaining 90% is offset against their carbon reduction projects.

Compare these statistics to the typical fuel mix from UK suppliers in our wholesale energy guide.

Financial Performance

The latest financial figures for Bulb are from End of March 2019. They are as follows:

Metric 2019  
Revenue £823.3m 182.8m
Gross Profit £8.4m £7.8m
Loss For Financial Year (£129.2m) (£28m)

Awards

Bulb have enjoyed huge success when it comes to awards. Bulb is highly rated by their customers, which is reflected in their reviews plus their green credentials make them a favourite with customers looking to reduce their carbon footprint.

  • Best corporate social responsibility project - Charity Times Awards 2018
  • 2017 Start-Up of the Year - Startups.co.uk
  • Runner up Supplier in the uSwitch Energy Awards 2018
  • Best Green services in the uSwitch Energy Awards 2018
  • Best Deal for You in the uSwitch Energy Awards 2018
  • Easiest to Switch To in the uSwitch Energy Awards 2018
  • Best Account Management in the uSwitch Energy Awards 2018
  • Best Energy Saving Support in the uSwitch Energy Awards 2018
  • Best Value for Money in the uSwitch Energy Awards 2018

Cancellation policy

Bulb do things differently so it’s no surprise they don’t charge cancellation fees. If you’re looking to leave it is a simple process. Just be sure any outstanding debits are able to be cleared and you’re free to leave. 

Your bill will be generated within 6 weeks of your switch date when any outstanding credit will be refunded or any outstanding debit will be collected.

Green performance

Bulb prides itself on every unit of renewable energy or gas they purchase is accredited. As the UK’s largest green supplier, they not only supply 100% renewable electricity to their customers, their 10% renewable gas sources from food and farm waste, the other 90% is offset through their involvement in carbon reduction projects

Understanding your Bulb Energy bill

How to switch to Bulb Energy

Love Energy Savings can handle a switch to Bulb for you, whether you're coming from another supplier or you simply want to change your Bulb tariff. We’ll get everything sorted for you by liaising with the Bulb team on your behalf.


Enter your details here to generate a quote for your home and then simply choose the tariff that's right for you.

See how much you could save on your business energy in 60 seconds!

Energy saving FAQs

  • List of business energy suppliers

    At Love Energy Savings, we work with the following energy suppliers:

    • Avanti Gas
    • British Gas
    • CNG
    • Crown Gas & Power
    • Dual Energy
    • EDF
    • EON
    • Gazprom Energy
    • Npower
    • Octopus Energy
    • Opus
    • Scottish Power
    • Total Gas & Power
    • Utilita
  • Who is the cheapest energy provider for businesses?

    The cheapest energy provider for businesses will depend on a number of factors, such as:

    • Your location
    • The size of your premises
    • Your current supplier
    • Current spend on business energy
    • Current consumption of kWh units and current standing charges
    • Meter type (standard, economy 7, maximum demand or half hourly)

    The easiest way to find the cheapest energy provider is to compare energy prices.

  • Who is the best energy supplier?

    Choosing the best energy supplier for your business is very important. You want to know that the provider you choose will value you as a customer, that you’ll receive excellent customer service and that the company acts with total transparency.

    Which? consumer magazine published a survey that compared key suppliers on a number of factors including:

    • Bill accuracy
    • Customer service (phone)
    • Customer service (online)
    • Complaints handling
    • Helping you understand and reduce energy use
    • Value for money

    Take a look at the ‘Best and worst energy companies for 2019’ survey for more information.

  • What do I have to do to switch my business energy supplier?

    Switching your business energy has never been easier. Once you’ve found a supplier and quote which suits your business’ needs simply hit ‘Buy Now’ or wait for one of our agents to contact you. Once you’re happy to proceed, we’ll handle the entire switch for you. We’ll need a few additional bits of information along the way, but this will all be explained in your welcome pack