Crown Gas & Power Reviews, News & Updates
Based in the North West of England, Crown Gas & Power has a rich history, dating back to as early as 1928 when the founder first began selling firelighters and lamp oil form the back of a horse and cart.
Crown Gas & Power as we know it today was created in 2011, shortly after the deregulation of the gas and power markets, and still upholds the values of a family-run business.
Providing first-class service is the key to their operations, as they pride themselves on their exceptional customer service and the mutually beneficial relationships they build with their customers.
Crown Gas & Power is a subsidiary of Crown Oil Ltd, a company that deals in both commercial gas as well as construction.
Crown Oil is a national fuel and lubricants supplier, servicing everyone from schools and hospitals to factories and logistics companies. With first-class local knowledge, competitive fuel prices and efficient oil deliveries, they’ve remained the top fuel supplier for businesses and homes across the UK for 70 years.
The headquarters of Crown Gas & Power is located in Heywood in Bury, England. Their address is:
2nd Floor, Crown Point
If you choose to switch through Love Energy Savings, we’ll speak directly with the Crown Gas & Power team on your behalf, saving you the hassle of back and forth communications. This ensures you’ll get the energy tariff you want with as little hassle as possible.
Crown Gas & Power prices and tariffs
Deemed contract rates
Items Micro Business Non-Micro Business Unit Rate (p/kWh) Variable £1174 Daily Standing Charge (£/day) Fixed until 31 Dec 2020 £906 Administration Charge (Daily) Fixed until 30 Apr 2021 £1171
Crown Gas & Power offer gas tariffs to businesses of all sizes and descriptions. As well as a tailored tariff to suit your company’s needs, they also provide service connections for gas, water and electricity.
Gas for small to medium-sized businesses
Here’s what you can expect from Crown Gas & Power’s SME gas services:
- Competitive gas prices suited to support small to medium-sized businesses
- Online account management – monitor your energy consumption and billing details
- Advanced metering for all businesses
- Contracts up to 500,000 kWh for higher quantity energy supply
- Multi-utility connections, new meters, service alterations, upgrades/downgrades & supply disconnections
Gas for larger businesses
Here’s what you can expect from Crown Gas & Power’s multi-utility connections services for larger businesses:
- Multi-meter/multi-site installations
- New energy connections for gas, electric and water
- Service alterations: meter disconnections and increase/decreases in supply
- Advanced meter upgrades
Gas more multi-site businesses
Here’s what you can expect from Crown Gas & Power’s multi-site property management:
- Multi-site portal: The online portal will make it easier to manage individual sites, monitor payments and easily access documents
- Flexible payment options: Clients can be set up with a payment option that suits them such as Direct Debit or BACs
- Convenient billing: Group billing can be requested, as well as e-billing options
- Common contract end dates: When quoting for multiple sites, they will help you to obtain common end dates to suit a large portfolio
- Commitment to advanced metering requirements: To improve accuracy, they will offer AMR installations, to ensure all sites are billed to a more accurate meter reading
- Change of tenancies: Allows them to take care of your tenancy changes, ensuring a smooth continuation of your gas supply
- Multi-utility connections: The company will provide utility connections for gas, electricity & water installations
As they only provide gas, Crown Gas & Power don’t need to disclose their fuel mix.
The directors of the company have elected not to include a copy of the profit and loss account within the financial statements.
Customers who wish to cancel their tariff with Crown Gas & Power will need to wait until their contract has expired to do so. You will have a minimum period of 60 days prior to the contract end date to contact the supplier if you wish to switch.
Crown Gas & Power offer their customers a green option when choosing their business gas. Produced from natural sources such as grass, landfill waste and agricultural waste, Biomethane is a substitute for natural gas, offering the properties of natural gas without the carbon footprint.
Customers simply need to contact Crown Gas & Power and choose how much of their gas supply they wish to be generated from Bimoethane — 15%, 50% of 100% green gas.
Understanding your Crown Gas & Power Bill
Your online or paper bill from Crown Gas & Power will tell you:
- Your unique customer account number
- Your name and billing address
- The billing period of the invoice
- Service account number and invoice number
- Supply address
- Breakdown of charges being applied for the period and how they’ve been calculated
- The number of invoices that are being totalled on your account balance
- Total including any outstanding balance from previous bills
You can click here to see a breakdown of your gas bill with information on key terms and figures.
How to switch to Crown Gas & Power
Love Energy Savings can handle switching your contract with Crown Gas & Power whether that's from another supplier or from an old Avro tariff. We’ll get everything sorted for you by liaising with the Crown Gas & Power team on your behalf.
Enter your details here to generate a quote for your home and then simply choose the tariff that's right for you.
Energy saving FAQs
List of business energy suppliers
At Love Energy Savings, we work with the following energy suppliers:
- Avanti Gas
- British Gas
- Crown Gas & Power
- Dual Energy
- Gazprom Energy
- Octopus Energy
- Scottish Power
- Total Gas & Power
Who is the cheapest energy provider for businesses?
The cheapest energy provider for businesses will depend on a number of factors, such as:
- Your location
- The size of your premises
- Your current supplier
- Current spend on business energy
- Current consumption of kWh units and current standing charges
- Meter type (standard, economy 7, maximum demand or half hourly)
The easiest way to find the cheapest energy provider is to compare energy prices.
Who is the best energy supplier?
Choosing the best energy supplier for your business is very important. You want to know that the provider you choose will value you as a customer, that you’ll receive excellent customer service and that the company acts with total transparency.
Which? consumer magazine published a survey that compared key suppliers on a number of factors including:
- Bill accuracy
- Customer service (phone)
- Customer service (online)
- Complaints handling
- Helping you understand and reduce energy use
- Value for money
Take a look at the ‘Best and worst energy companies for 2019’ survey for more information.
What do I have to do to switch my business energy supplier?
Switching your business energy has never been easier. Once you’ve found a supplier and quote which suits your business’ needs simply hit ‘Buy Now’ or wait for one of our agents to contact you. Once you’re happy to proceed, we’ll handle the entire switch for you. We’ll need a few additional bits of information along the way, but this will all be explained in your welcome pack