SSE Reviews, Prices & Tariffs
Scotland-headquartered SSE is traditionally one of UK’s largest energy suppliers. In 2020, it sold off its domestic retail customers to Ovo Energy. Following the acquisition, customers can only purchase business energy from SSE.
As one of the UK’s leading energy suppliers for business customers, SSE offers:
- Smart metering
- Renewable energy options
- Efficiency plans
With over 54,000 reviews on Trustpilot, they have an excellent rating of 3.8 out of a possible 5 stars.
SSE prices and tariffs
SSE offer a variety of tariffs for business customers.
Some of their plans offer 100% renewable electricity from SSE's wind farms and hydro plants.
SSE plc is a multinational energy company founded in 1998.
SSE Business Energy continues to supply commercial gas and electricity to businesses across the UK.
The easiest way to reach SSE Business Energy is often by their website or mobile app.
You can also reach SSE Business Energy by phone via the general switchboard: 0345 070 7373.
SSE’s main postal address is:
PO Box 7506
SSE Energy is a multi-award-winning energy provider. Here are some of its latest notable wins:
- uSwitch Best Customer Service – Large Supplier 2021
- uSwitch Best Meter Reading Services – Large Supplier 2021
- uSwitch Best Smart Meter Experience – Large Supplier 2021
- uSwitch Best Online Experience – Large Supplier 2020
- uSwitch Best Customer Services – Large Supplier 2020
- uSwitch Best Smart Meter Experience – Large Supplier 2020
- uSwitch Best Billing Services – Large Supplier 2020
- uSwitch Best Meter Reading Services – Large Supplier 2020
Cancellation policies vary by tariff types. Some of SSE’s fixed tariffs include exit fees that you’ll need to pay before you can cancel the contract and switch to another supplier. The most popular of SSE’s tariffs that includes an exit fee is its ‘Fix and Control’ 2-year fixed-rate tariff.
According to the latest figures, SSE’s fuel mix is made up of 54% natural gas with 46% coming from renewable sources.
You can learn more about the typical fuel mix you can expect from UK suppliers in our wholesale energy guide.
Understanding your SSE bill
Your online or paper bill from SSE will tell you:
- Your unique customer account number
- Your name and billing address
- The billing period of the invoice
- Service account number and invoice number
- Supply address
- Breakdown of charges being applied for the period and how they’ve been calculated
- The number of invoices that are being totalled on your account balance
- Total including any outstanding balance from previous bills