Opus Energy Reviews, Prices & Tariffs
Opus Energy currently supplies more than 224,000 UK premises with renewable energy, and they’ve been doing it since 2002.
They’re owned by Drax Group, a British electrical power generation company that runs the UK’s biggest single-site renewable power generation plant. They were also one of the first businesses to announce its ambition to be carbon negative by 2030.
Find out more about Opus Energy before you choose your business energy provider by reading our profile below.
Opus Energy began life as Oxford Power Holdings in 2001, before it was renamed to Opus Energy in October 2010.
Acquired by the Drax Group in 2017, the Northampton-headquartered company also has offices Oxford and Cardiff.
Opus Energy’s headquarters is registered in Northampton, England. Their full business address is:
Opus Energy House,
8-10 The Lakes,
When you switch to Opus Energy through Love Energy Savings, one of our representatives will contact Opus Energy directly on your behalf, managing the entire switch for you.
Opus Energy prices and tariffs
- Renewable source electricity sourced from independent generators across the UK and Europe helps get the world closer to net zero emissions.
- Every MWh you use is matched with a renewable electricity certificate.
- Choose fixed rates so pay a set amount for your entire contract without the fear of unpredictable price fluctuation.
- Or opt for flexible rates to suit how and when your business’ electricity consumption.
- Promise your business’ sustainability profile with Opus’ digital certificates.
Opus Advance Plus
- Reserved for businesses that consume large amounts of electricity.
- Electricity comes exclusively from Opus’ network of 2,100+ UK-based independent wind, solar and hydro generators.
- Shout about your business’ sustainability drive by using Opus’ digital and printed assets.
- Fixed price gas for small and medium sized businesses.
- Contract length of 12-48 months.
- Dedicated account manager.
The tariff information above was correct at the time of writing (July 2023) and subject to change at any time.
Opus Energy has made significant strides in its effort to become a more sustainable company. Today, its fuel mix is 100% renewable.Opus Energy Fuel
Task % Coal 0 Natural Gas 0 Nuclear 0 Renewable 100 Other 0
Renewable sources are broken down as follows:Opus Energy Renewable Sources
Task %Day Wind Power 72.9 Thermal 11.9 Solar 7.6 Hydro 7.6
You can learn more about the typical fuel mix you can expect from UK suppliers in our wholesale energy guide.
Opus Energy’s most recent accounts submission was made in May 2023, up to December 2022.
Metric December 2022 December 2021 Turnover £427.7m £429.9m Gross Profit £45.1m £30.5m
For full details of Opus Energy’s financials, see their latest accounts here.
- Position 87 in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work for (2020)
- Innovation in Business Award — Real IT Awards (2020)
- Best for Customer Service — Datamonitor survey (2019)
- Utilities Provider of the Year — British Small Business Awards (2017)
- Placed in top 10 companies for innovation — Kantar Millward Brown’s UK BrandZ study (2017)
If you want to cancel during a fixed-period contract, you can give notice before or on your notice date. Doing so will mean your contract will end on the last day of the fixed period and will not renew.
On the other hand, if you’re cancelling during a monthly plan period, you’ll need to give Opus Energy notice in writing at least 30 days before you want the contract to end. This effectively means you’ll pay for one more month of energy before your contract comes to a close.
Opus Energy has a proven track record for sustainable energy. It endeavours to secure as much of its power as possible from renewable sources to provide customers with a clean energy supply.
Opus secures its energy supply by collaborating with energy generators who can show a government certificate — known as a ‘Guarantee of Origin’ — as evidence that they can provide 100% renewable energy.
Understanding your Opus Energy bill
Your online or paper bill will tell you:
- Invoice type
- Invoice period
- Total amount to be taken from your account
- Consumption graph showing how you’ve used energy this month
- Type of reading (whether it was based on estimated or actual consumption)
- Contact details
- Your account number
- Emergency contact (a number to call in the event of a power cut or gas leak)
- Tips and advice
- Meter serial number
- History of readings
- Bill breakdown showing how you’ve been charged
- Supply number (a unique number used to identify you within the electricity or gas system — not the same as your meter number)
- Contract details (including end date)
How to switch to Opus Energy
Switching to Opus Energy from your current provider -- or even just getting a better deal on your current Opus Energy tariff -- is easy with Love Energy Savings. Simply enter your details here to generate energy quotes for your home or business. Then, select the Opus Energy tariff that best meets your needs.
Our operators will handle the rest, including communicating with your current provider and the team at Opus Energy. That way, you don’t need to do a thing. Switch and save today.