Engie Reviews, Prices & Tariffs
French company Engie is a global player when it comes to energy, employing 17,000 people in the UK and 160,000 globally. Previously, “GDF Suez”, they became Engie in 2015 with a focus on three key activities; production & supply of energy, services and regeneration.
Interestingly the company can trace its origins back to 1858 when they traded as the Universal Suez Canal Company, constructing the Suez Canal. In 2005, it floated on the stock market before its merger in 2009 made it the world's largest independent generator of power.
In January 2020, it was reported that Engie was making a strategic exit from the domestic UK energy market with Octopus energy to acquire 70,000 households from the deal. The company wants to focus its efforts on working with businesses and local authorities.
Engie is the UK face of French company the Engie Group. The group ambition is to become a leader in the fight against climate change, offering the transition to zero carbon as a service to its customers.
Green Star Energy’s postal address is:
26 Whitehall Rd,
If you choose to switch through Love Energy Savings, one of our representatives will contact Engie’s team on your behalf, saving you the hassle of back and forth communications. That way, you get the energy tariff you want with minimal fuss.
Engie prices and tariffs
As they’ve exited the domestic market, Engie is focusing on business customers with a range of tariffs for businesses of all sizes.
- Fixed rate tariffs from 12 - 60 months
- Green energy options
- Access to advice on saving energy and reducing bills
- Bespoke packages to suit the business needs
- A range of fixed-rate tariffs and options for bulk purchase
- Energy specialist advice and support
- All market price transactions come with a ‘Best Price’ guarantee
- Access to advice on business sustainability, saving energy and reducing bills
- Coal: 6%
- Natural Gas: 43%
- Nuclear: 13%
- Renewable: 35%
- Other: 3%
Compare these statistics to the typical fuel mix from UK suppliers in our wholesale energy guide
The latest financial figures for Engie are from September 2019. They are as follows:
Metric 2019 2018 Revenues EUR 46.8 million EUR 43.0 million EBITDA EUR 7.1 million EUR 6.8 million Operating Income EUR 3.8 million EUR 3.5 million
You can view a full statement for Engie financial report here.
Engie has been awarded accolades in the energy sector and beyond with its work with local authorities.
- Winner of Domestic Award and Overall project of the Year at the Association of Decentralised Energy (ADE) Awards
- 1st Place at the Sustainable FM Index (SFMI) 2018 awards
- Awarded Digital Innovation category of the Business in the Community (BITC) Responsible Business Awards 2019
Engie may apply an exit fee to their fixed rate tariffs if you decide to terminate the contract before the end of the term. An Exit Fee of £80.00 per fuel will apply if you cancel or move to another Engie tariff unless you are in the final 49 days of your contract.
Engie has made a pledge to supply 100% renewable electricity on every tariff, working hard to drive forward hydroelectricity, biomass, bio-gas, wind and solar power.
Engie also works on projects both in the UK and globally to minimise the impact of the company's operations on local communities and the wider environment.
Your online or paper bill from Engie will tell you:
- The billing period (typically monthly)
- What you owe and when it needs to be paid
- Your estimated energy usage over the billing period
- A detailed breakdown of your usage
- A breakdown of how the price has been calculated for transparency
- Your current account balance
- The amount you’re in credit (CR) or debit (DR)
How to switch to Engie
Love Energy Savings can handle a switch to Engie for you. We’ll get everything sorted for you by liaising with your current provider and the Green Star Energy team.
Enter your details here to generate a quote for your business and then simply decide if it’s the right supplier for you.